[plug] Kernel-2.2.13 and LS120 and ...

Kenworthy Family billk at opera.iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 27 09:56:27 WST 1999

Just loaded on 2.2.13 - No fuss so far, seems faster, not sure why
unless I selected something that I had not used before in the setup that
made a difference.  On the uk kernel site, mention was made of 2.2.13
fixing some file corruption problems but were not specific.  Does anyone
know of the details.  I am having non-specific problems with an LS120 as
HDD.  I use it to transfer files between home & murdoch uni.  chkdsk'ing
at murdoch often shows fs corruption of different types.  I suspect at
least some is caused by mtools and have proven another case where moving
the disk between NT machines at murdoch - transferred a couple of files
onto the disk, then disk unreadable on two other machines in another
lab.  No magnets in the case with the disks etc.  Has anyone else
experienced similar problems with LS120's.  They are getting quite a bad
reputation at Murdoch with many shying away from them due to cost and
the fact that the data seems at risk

BillK