[plug] Tuesdays Meeting

Christian christian at global.net.au
Wed Oct 27 11:59:26 WST 1999

"Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima" wrote:

>         Well after not relieving one negative comment about the move from Fats
> eddies to Havelock Street, We're going to do it.

This is not a negative comment because what you've said sounds good but
maybe it's worthwhile keeping the Fast Eddies meetings as an occasional
thing from time to time in addition to the new arrangements.  Although
it's all a bit random and chaotic (that's the Linux way, after all) it's
also a bit more of a sociable/fun thing (also the Linux way) than more
formal meetings.

I went to a SLUG meeting when I was over east for CALU and it was *very*
formal and mostly boring and their turn-out wasn't that huge even
compared to us -- especially considering that Rasterman and maddog were
talking AND that Sydney is obviously much bigger than Perth.  Of course,
they all went off a  Chinese restaurant afterwards (don't know what that
was like cause we went off to the pub...) so maybe that would have
lightened the whole experience a bit.  Anyway, I guess what I'm saying
is that casual "get together to talk and eat" sessions aren't all that
much of a bad idea and are possibly worth keeping.  I think that maybe a
lot of PLUG people relish the thought of being able to get together with
people who share similar interests and talk about whatever comes to
mind...

Regards,

Christian.

--
Black holes are where God divided by zero.