[plug] Meetings, keeping Fast Eddy's, etc

Leon Brooks leonb at bounce.networx.net.au
Thu Oct 28 01:09:27 WST 1999

Christian wrote:
> This is not a negative comment because what you've said sounds good but
> maybe it's worthwhile keeping the Fast Eddies meetings as an occasional
> thing from time to time in addition to the new arrangements.

Once we've come back up to speed on actually being useful, then we'll be
fun. A serious presentation meeting per month is a must if PLUG is to
survive.

Having another meeting at which clinicy things can be done is a good
idea, and having a social meeting is also a good idea. Let's bandy about
a few proposals for alternating them or having more than two meetings a
month - but purposeful presentations are not an option.

The more-or-less quarterly Doom/Quake/xpilot/whatever sessions were
another good idea, but the lack of a GlobalWarriors might be a bit of a
handicap now. I think a good venue is vital to make these events work.
Any ideas? Perhaps we should have a totally social event (say, Quasar)
and a totally digital my-3D-card-is-faster/fatter/hotter-than-yours
session each year.