[plug] JOB -superfluous, opinionated reply

ekuiperba at cc.curtin.edu.au ekuiperba at cc.curtin.edu.au
Wed Oct 27 16:14:18 WST 1999

On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Christian wrote:

> Tamara Thompson wrote:
> >
> > I'm sorry, I don't like 'off topic' either, but this just was too funny to keep quiet about.  ROFL.
> > The main qualification for the job is being 18-25?
> > <laughing>
>
> The original post referred to NT experience.
>
> > On the other hand, they'd probably also get a lot of their 'experience' crashing systems and running music/porn servers in their spare time.  <grin>
>
> Ummm... did I miss something or are you saying that the skills of 18-25
> y/o's tend to lie with crashing systems and running servers distributing
> illegal material?  If so, I'm sure a lot of people might just take
> offense at that suggestion...

hhaha, i found it funny (i am 19 btw). I crash to occasional server by
mistake. (my favourite is pressing Cntl-Alt-Del on the wrong keyboard
causing the wrong computer to reboot.) I work with linux and NT. There is
no better way to get experience than to make mistakes. BTW, it was in a
<grin> tag. Assume a significant amount of cheek.

> Alternately if you were alluding the fact that he wanted an NT person
> and that this was likely to be the main experiences of such people then
> that's a little more acceptable on this list. ;-)

People who do NT are just as bad as people who do Linux in my experience.
Just mucrosoft makes NT crashing easier and forces reboots.

> > Apologies for wasting everyone's time with this sound-off.  I dunno, that job requirement just hit a button with me.  <smile>  Maybe I've been around a bad crowd that fits that job qualification.
>
> I'd say you must have been!  Maybe that's just what 18-25's are like in
> America.

Apologies for enjoying myself over the original post. BTW, what is the
cost of joining PLUG as a member.

being the village idiot as usual.
Beau Kuiper
ekuiperba at cc.curtin.edu.au