[plug] Kernel-2.2.13 and LS120 and ...

Garry gb at perthpcug.org.au
Thu Oct 28 04:54:41 WST 1999

Last semester I was supplying LS120s to fellow CS students at Murdoch. At
one stage I got 2 dodgy disks from a box of ten. On my returning them to my
wholesailer, they were swapped for new ones, no prob. I did test them on my
own external drive and they were definately at fault. These were the only
bad ones I've had.

I was finding the dud ones wouldn't copy big files, like the 50 odd Mb file
used in B229 Linux labs.. Otherwise OK..

I now have 3 disks, allowing me to have all the files I could possibly need
and the space to enjoy the download times.. I've been using the same 3 for 9
months, and the physical precaution I take is to use a plastic 1.44 Mb box
(holds 10). But even 1.44s die if bruised, boiled, bleached or burnt!

If you see me at uni today (Thursday), I can put it into my portable drive
as a test.
You probably know me, big fella with a red beard..

Garry