[plug] Kernel-2.2.13 and LS120 and ...

Kenworthy Family billk at opera.iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 28 14:21:06 WST 1999

The advantage of mtools is it keeps the long filenames intact (often important
for java files etc as with project work, I do not have control over what
filenames etc others use.  I am currently transferring about 60mBytes in a few
hundred files of data back and forward, though not all is in use at any one
time/day.  Mounting the disk seems to allow only 8.3 dos filenames and I have
not yet come across a way around it.  It would certainly give more confidence
in what's happening if disk mounting and long filenames could be sorted.

BillK