[plug] pppd

Dean Wright dwright at space.net.au
Sat Oct 30 19:22:59 WST 1999

Could someone please help,

What I am trying to do is connect my win98 machine to a linux box.
Currently I can dial into the box(mgetty answers the modem) using hyper
terminal and remotely login, so I assume that my mgetty is working.

now I'm trying to configure pppd to auto run, can anyone suggest some
settings for ppp that I can use that will allow me to use dialup networking
on my win98 machine.

should I use pap?

I'm sorry my question isnt more specific but I dont really know what to
ask..

I have read the man, nag, sag, ppp-howto and scoured user goups and I think
I'm more confused now than when I started.

sorry if this is a sutpid question.

Dean

"When someone is annoying you remember, it takes 42 muscels to frown,
but only 4 to reach out and smack them!!"