[plug] RH6 shutdown problem

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Thu Sep 2 08:21:46 WST 1999

> [christian at localhost christian]$ locate apmd|grep man
> /usr/man/man8/apmd.8
>
> ...and somehow you missed it...
>
> ...or it's (I originally thought) possible that maybe you just hadn't
> installed the package with manual pages (I don't know how Red Hat
> arranges these things) except:
> [christian at localhost christian]$ rpm -q -f /usr/man/man8/apmd.8
> apmd-3.0beta5-7
>
> So, if you had apmd installed then you would also have the manual page.
> Which goes back to what I originally said.
>
> (Incidentally, since I don't run Red Hat, I didn't know which options to
> use with rpm to check what package a file belonged to - I looked it up
> in the manual.)

This answers a few questions:
[summer at possum drafts]$ rpm -qif /usr/man/man8/apmd.8
Name        : apmd                         Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version     : 3.0beta5                          Vendor: Red Hat Software
Release     : 8                             Build Date: Sat May  8
04:24:05 1999
Install date: Mon Jul  5 03:22:18 1999      Build Host:
porky.devel.redhat.com
Group       : System Environment/Daemons    Source RPM:
apmd-3.0beta5-8.src.rpm
Size        : 56129                            License: GPL
Packager    : Red Hat Software <http://developer.redhat.com/bugzilla>
Summary     : Advanced Power Management (APM) BIOS utilities for laptops.
Description :
This is a Advanced Power Management daemon and utilities.
It can watch your notebook's battery and warn all users when the battery
is low.

Patches to Rik Faith's original version have been added for shutting down
the PCMCIA sockets before a suspend.
[summer at possum drafts]$

--
Cheers