[plug] System security

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Fri Sep 3 12:57:35 WST 1999

Jamie Moir wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Bret Busby wrote:
>
> > Here is something that may affect Linux system security and email and
> > encryption.
>
> yes, it may
>
> > >From http://www.news.com/News/Item/0%2C4%2C41204%2C00.html?dd.ne.txt.0902.07
>
> ta for the url
>
> > Bret Busby
>
> no thanks for sending me a heap of misformatted crap, I dont quite
> understand what the point you are pushing here is, citing the url is
> useful I guess, filling my mail with fat juicy pages of screwed text isnt
>
> please desist
>
> Jamie Moir

This has previously been discussed.

Read the messages. Go back through the archives, and do a bit of research, if
you are interested. It was explained in the last few days, or week. Go back in
the archives a few months, and you will find the justification.

What then happens if someone complains that they cannot get the URL to work?

That complaint has been made, and predates the complaint about the text
formatting.

Previously, the request was made to include the text, as some URL's did not
work.

If people do not want to know what is going on in the real world, and want to
preserve their ignorance, then so be it.

So much for the admonition from the one who runs the mailing list.

The gratuitous bitching continues...

Bret Busby