[plug] Dubious message

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Fri Sep 3 16:07:18 WST 1999

I received a message this afternoon, that was sent direct to me, as a reply to a
thread on the mailing list.

The message used the pseudonym "radioman", and told me to download Neoplanet
from neoplanet.com .

That was all the message said, with no indication of who the sender is, or why I
should do it.

I went to the web site, and found that the application is not available for
Linux.

Does anyone know who this person is, or what is going on?

I would not usually publish any message sent to me off the mailing list, by a
person on the mailing list, without their permission, but I would expect such a
message to indicate the name of the sender, rather than an anonymous message,
and this is weird.

Bret Busby