[plug] Meeting our meeting needs

Leon Brooks leonb at bounce.networx.net.au
Sun Sep 5 16:49:04 WST 1999

There seems to have been silence since the last suggestion about
different meeting venue(s) was posted.

It's obvious that either the venues or what's (not) happening there are
not meeting our meeting needs.

I think we need to replace Fast Eddy's because there's no facilities
beyond abundant food and occasional service there. I think that the
replacement needs to be in the CBD for transport and convenience
reasons. I think that the CBD venue should be most upmarket and
official, featuring more presentations and less hands-on stuff - with
business people in mind. I have no specific venues to propose.
Suggestions, please?

I think we need to replace the UCC because of the stairs and nobody sems
to know where it is. I propose alternating, with odd-month meetings
south of the river and even-month ones north. I presume that we can talk
Tony BT into a meeting every two months at CanTech (near Curtin), but is
there any northern exposure? I propose that these meetings remain
problem-solvers and low-tie-count, with home users and students in mind.
Suggestions, please?

Cheers