[plug] Meeting our meeting needs

Chris Cornish linuxcw at yahoo.com.au
Mon Sep 6 19:52:00 WST 1999

Leon I would have to agree with everything said here i shall make some
enquires tomorow for us to find smewhere in the CBD.
Maybe This can be a topic for disscussion at tomorrows meeting?

p.s sorry for not being in attendance at the last few meetings have
been quiet busy with some personal problems.

--- Leon Brooks <leonb at bounce.networx.net.au> wrote:
> There seems to have been silence since the last
> suggestion about
> different meeting venue(s) was posted.
>
> It's obvious that either the venues or what's (not)
> happening there are
> not meeting our meeting needs.
>
> I think we need to replace Fast Eddy's because
> there's no facilities
> beyond abundant food and occasional service there. I
> think that the
> replacement needs to be in the CBD for transport and
> convenience
> reasons. I think that the CBD venue should be most
> upmarket and
> official, featuring more presentations and less
> hands-on stuff - with
> business people in mind. I have no specific venues
> to propose.
> Suggestions, please?
>
> I think we need to replace the UCC because of the
> stairs and nobody sems
> to know where it is. I propose alternating, with
> odd-month meetings
> south of the river and even-month ones north. I
> presume that we can talk
> Tony BT into a meeting every two months at CanTech
> (near Curtin), but is
> there any northern exposure? I propose that these
> meetings remain
> problem-solvers and low-tie-count, with home users
> and students in mind.
> Suggestions, please?
>
> Cheers

===
Chris Cornish
linuxcw at yahoo.com.au
       __   _
   / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  . . .  t h e   c h o i c e   o f   a