[plug] Dual Sound Cards

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Tue Sep 7 16:30:40 WST 1999

Mike Holland wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Brad Campbell wrote:
>
> > It was pretty easy, the biggest bugbear was that I can't appear to load
> > the sb.o module twice.. I had to cp sb.o sb2.o
>
> Does this mean you have _two_ copies of the code loaded into the kernel?
> That doesnt sound right. In fact it sounds like an ugly hack,
> even if the module loader can distinguish code from data.
>   Say it aint so!

Yes, I'm afraid it's an UGLY Hack!
But it works.. Brute force and Ignorance I'm afraid..
I'll try Matt's idea and see how I get on..
Could be interesting as I'm passing module parameters in conf.modules
so I set the ess parameters for sb2 and the sb paramaters for sb.
That way I know which card gets loaded where and when..
But I'll read the insmod pages and see what I come up with..
Thanks Matt..

Cheers All..
Brad...