Dual Modules (Re: [plug] Dual Sound Cards)

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Tue Sep 7 17:03:31 WST 1999

Matt Kemner wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Brad Campbell wrote:
>
> > G'day all..
> > Ok, I finally managed to get dual sound cards working in my Debian 2.1
> > Machine
>
> Awesome. :)
>
> > Not a real problem I suppose, but is there a way to load a module twice?
>
> "insmod sb.o && insmod sb.o -o sb2" should do the trick
> (-o sets the internal name of the module)
>
>  - Matt
Cooking with gas

insmod sb io=0x220 irq=10 dma=3 dma16=7 mpu_io=0x330
insmod sb -o sb2 io=0x230 irq=5 dma=0 dma16=1 esstype=1868

Works a treat.. BUT
consumes exactly the same amount of ram..
Infact.. it does exactly the same thing as copying sb to sb2
But there is another alternative for ya..
This is a more elegant solution.. especialy if you compiler kernels
and modules a lot..

Thanks for the help
Brad..