[plug] Fwd: Domain Registration for plug.org.au

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Mon Sep 13 09:36:22 WST 1999

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, alex polglaze wrote:

> If PLUG is start owning things, then it should be correctly constituted
> for two reasons. Firstly, to protect the members interests and secondly
> and probably more importantly, to reduce the "officers" personal
> liability.

Oh my God! We dont have a MISSION STATEMENT!
Quick, hire a marketing consultant and trademark lawyer.
Then we must hire a Y2K consultant to swear everything has been tested,
so we cant be sued. (Dont need to actually test anything.)
 Followed by an affirmative action program to reduce the gender imbalance.
Dare I say ISO9000?

> As I've said before, the business world has changed and we have to live
> with it.

I guess we would if we were a big business. Is all this really neccessary
Alex?  I think we need to revise our "suits" policy. Of course, suits
with subversive cartoon ties dont count.
  Or before you know it, pale people will be raising procedural
objections ('point of order'?) at meetings.
  And one of those disclaimers appended to each e-mail "to reduce
liability"

This email message (and attachments) may contain information that is
confidential to PLUG. If you are not the intended recipient you
cannot
use, distribute or copy the message or attachments. In such a case, please
notify the sender by return email immediately and erase all copies of the
message and attachments.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in
this
message and attachments that do not relate to the official business of
PLUG are neither given nor endorsed by it.