[plug] Fwd: Domain Registration for plug.org.au

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Mon Sep 13 09:24:13 WST 1999

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, alex polglaze wrote:

> Gavin Tweedie wrote:
> >
> > Definately not an objection, just cautious that things happen in the
> > correct order. I'm all for plug having its own domain.
> >
> > Gavin
> >
> I agree, but who will actually own the name? As far as I know the group
> has not been set up properly, therefore, if Chris registers the name, he
> owns the name.
>
> If PLUG is start owning things, then it should be correctly constituted
> for two reasons. Firstly, to protect the members interests and secondly
> and probably more importantly, to reduce the "officers" personal
> liability.

Plug has is and association and has been for nearly 12 months now ... On that
not its comming time for an AGM and relecetion of the commitee.  That is a
seperate email thread so stay tuned.  to who owns the domain .... It should be
resiterd tp plug with the admin contact set to the President or the Secretary.

And the techical contact set to, the tecchy that'll be manageing the domain)

Having said that I, and this is by no meens an objecttion, I feel we should
discuss it at tomorrows meeting and then again on the Monday meeting,for those
that can't attend tomorrows meeting)

Chris, seeing as you opened this conversation, how say you WRT tomorrow ???

Yours Tony.