[plug] floppies

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Mon Sep 13 11:44:08 WST 1999

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, russ wrote:

> # mount /floppy
> mount: /dev/fd0: can't read superblock

Russ,
whats in your /etc/fstab ? Should be like:

/dev/fd0        /mnt/floppy     vfat    noauto,user,gid=11,umask=002   0 0

Note the 'user' option lets you avoid running as root, which is highly
recommended. Note also 'vfat'.

> umount: /dev/fd0: device is busy
> umount: /floppy: can't write superblock

A shell has /floppy as its current directory?  Try "fuser /dev/fd0".
Have you changed floppies since mounting?
Are there any kernel messages? (tail /var/log/messages)

Instead of mounting, I find it much easier to use mtools for DOS floppies,
but some disagree. See mtools(1).

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
	I had no shoes and I pitied myself.  Then I met a man who had no
	feet, so I took his shoes.     -- Dave Barry