[plug] Window position

Bevan Broun bevanb at ee.uwa.edu.au
Fri Sep 17 19:20:55 WST 1999

on Fri, Sep 17, 1999 at 06:51:39PM +0800, Oliver White <ojw at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Oliver White wrote:
> >
> > Mike Holland wrote:
> > <lots of useful stuff>
> >
> > ok, neither .Xresources or .Xdefaults exist, and xrdb -query does
> > nothing visually. Will this cause problems?
>
> <reply to own post>
> made both files with the line:
>
> netscape.geometry: 80x30-0+0
>
> ran 'xrdb .Xdefaults'

It works for me (I also use the fantatics Window Maker)

BUT...

1) Nobody has yet mentioned editres! You must look into this program for
finding resouce names.

2) netscape.geometry: 80x30-0+0 should have been
Netscape.geometry: 80x30+0+0
and
xrdb .Xdefaults
should have been "xrdb -merge .Xdefaults"

then kick of netscape from the xterm you have just run that command in.
If that works the next time window maker is started the correct resource
will have been loaded.

BB
--
Bevan Broun                                           ph (08) 9380 1587
Computer Systems Officer                             fax (08) 9380 1065