[plug] Running Qmail - Script and messages

Subba Rao subb3 at ibm.net
Mon Sep 20 17:28:01 WST 1999

On Sun, 19 Sep 1999 23:54:26 +0800 (WST), Greg Mildenhall wrote:

>IIRC, this is a Slackware system, right? I'd probably be inclined to move
>to a distribution with a more automated approach to package installation
>until I got to know some of the basics of Unix systems. I consider myself
>pretty competent and experienced with Unix, but I still use and prefer a
>system on which I can install and configure qmail in one command line + a
>bunch of fairly easy questions with sensible defaults.
>
>-greg Mildenhall

It is not  a Slackware issue at all. I have installed several other packages
without a glitch. Qmail documentation is the problem. Qmail web pages and
documents preach it is the wonden, thunder, easy to configure than sendmail,
more secure than sendmail, best thing since sliced bread and on and on.....

What they should also say is "Qmail's installation documentation really reallly sucks"?

I am in the middle of somework now. Once that's done, I will work on a different HOWTO
install Qmail. I will keep you posterd. My current work is too serious to ignore.

Subba Rao
subb3 at ibm.net
Disclaimer - I question and speak for myself.

http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/