[plug] new linux user

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu Sep 30 11:02:45 WST 1999

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Brad Campbell wrote:

> >     usermod USERNAME -g users -G dialout
>
> It's tips like this one that need to be emblazoned in letters of
> fire 20 feet high..
> I did not know you could do that :p)

Brad,
'usermod' just makes it a little easier. I dont think it is standard
- the man page doesnt mention Posix or any other standard. I've never
heard of it before. You can always edit the passwd and group files.

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
	I had no shoes and I pitied myself.  Then I met a man who had no
	feet, so I took his shoes.     -- Dave Barry