[plug] My Rave for the day

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Fri Apr 7 13:22:28 WST 2000

Mike Holland wrote:

> > Windows would NEVER let me write at 4x on-the-fly, over a loaded
>
> Now are we talking windows9x here, or NT/2k?
> One is an OS, and the other is a GUI layer turned cancerous.
>
> Know thy enemy.

Apologies.. Win95OSR2 128Mb Ram, No Swap, K6II-300 Processor
Linux Box is Debian Potato, 64Mb Ram, 128Mb Swap, K6II-300 (o/c 360)
The Win box also has 1Mb L2 Cache, where the Linux box only has 512
Same hardware otherwise..
Interesting, Win95 would not run on the O/C Machine, where as
I never get so much as a SIG11 or BusFault out of Linux..

--
Brad....
"The ultimate result is that some innovations that would