[plug] Setting up ISDN and SCSI HDDs to swap

John Breen jbreen at wn.com.au
Thu Apr 13 12:05:56 WST 2000

Two things.

1.  I'm going to be setting up a linux box when I move in the next
week or
so and am thinking of getting ISDN to connect it (and the LAN that
it's
part of) to the net.  I would appreciate any sort of advice as to
what I
might need to do other than putting in an ISDN card on the Linux box
and
rebuilding the kernel with ISDN support.

The box will be running Debian and will start life with a standard
serial
modem acting as a gateway for the LAN.  I would guess that as long as
its
set to gatway, I can just change the connection to ISDN, am I right?

2.  I have a couple of 1 Gig SCSI hard drives, an ISA (AHA 1942) SCSI
card
and a 7-header SCSI cable.  I would happily swap for a 2G or better
IDE
drive, or cash to acquire one.  If anyone's interested, e-mail me off
the
list please and we can try and sort something out.

Regards,

John Breen

--
+---------------------------------------------------------------------
--+
| John Breen                              john at fairport.com.au
|
| Programmer                              jbreen at wn.com.au
|
| Fairport Technologies

--+

The content and intent of this e-mail do not necessarily coincide with
those of either myself or my employer.  Any resemblance to the truth
or
to anything which might be deemed to be the truth is purely accidental
and as such should be ignored.