[plug] Tuesday's Meeting & my Surprise

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Thu Apr 13 12:11:23 WST 2000

Hi all

First of all I'd like to thank Tony for his demonstration of the
RedHat 6.2 Install.  It was very informative, and I for one got to see
what the RedHat installer looks like... :)

Secondly, the surprise.. :)

Last week I received, by FedEx, a package from LinuxCare, containing a
whole bunch of "LNX" Bumper stickers, as well as several (15) "Bootable
Business Cards"

If you don't know what they are, have a look at:

http://www.linuxcare.com/bootable_cd/

Basically it's a business card sized bootable CD-ROM containing enough
utilities to hopefully enable you to fix a Linux system that can't boot
off the hard disk.

It also allows you to install Debian from a remote FTP site.

Anyway, I brought all 15 into the meeting, and walked out with 6 :)
Guess that means we had at least 9 people at the meeting, because I think
almost everyone present got one.

The remaining 6 will be available at first-come first-served basis.
If you want one, email me and I'll put one aside for you.

After they run out, I will make duplicates onto CD-R (I found a supplier
of Business-Card Sized CD-R blanks) if there is enough demand, for $5
each.

Also, if anyone knows a Perth supplier of the Business-Card sized CD-R
blanks (the ones that hold about 50MB) please let me know.

 - Matt