[plug] FW: re; Remote management

Steve Baker sbaker at icg.net.au
Thu Apr 13 14:38:47 WST 2000

Jon,

If you have a very large sack of money, BMC Patrol is a very good tool, and
CA Unicenter also does this.  Fundi are the local BMC distributor.

I don't know of any open source tools that are as complete as these, if
anyone knows I would be very interested.  There is a package called EMU on
Freshmeat that is aimed at event monitoring and alerting, but I don't know
how complete it is.  There might always be something else there closer to
what you want.

A basic SNMP tool _might_ do what you want, but if you want to access it via
a browser you might have to use PHP scripts to query the SNMP daemon on the
relevant server.  That's if your Netware and NT boxes use SNMP.

Regards,
Steve
--
Steve Baker sbaker at icg.net.au - Integra Consulting Grp http://www.icg.net.au
Open your mind, then look at http://www.nexusmagazine.com

This communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you
have received it in error do not use, disclose, copy or retain it.  Please
immediately notify us by return email and then delete the email.  Views
expressed in this communication may not be those of the Integra Consulting
Group.