[plug] gphoto at work

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Mon Apr 24 18:55:19 WST 2000

There's more pix from up north at
http://servers.with.a.smile.fdns.net/pix/ (follow the links after the
list of pictures).

I had to modify gPhoto to make it work reliably (and it still works
better if I run camediaplay first, naughty of both camediaplay (for not
restoring the serial device fully) and rsony (the gPhoto component which
does the actual reading from the camera) for not initialiing the serial
device properly). If you have a Sony DSC-F505 camera (normally $2400,
now on special for $1860 at The Sony Shop in Murray Street), email me
and I'll send you the butchered gPhoto sources.

BTW, if you're thinking of moving to Wittenoom, which is a beautiful and
peaceful place, be aware that the fastest connect you'll get is 14400... )-:

Cheers