[plug] S3 Trio3D AGP

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Wed Apr 26 13:51:13 WST 2000

G'day,

On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 01:41:06PM +0800, Christian wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 12:51:33PM +0800, Jason Nicholls wrote:
> > Although most of the S3 Trio cards work OK, the 3D one doesn't - find
> > something else.
>
> According to the XFree86 docs they work fine (although sometimes they
> require special modelines) -- it's a pity this is not the reality, at
> least not in our two cases.

Like I said - I was able to get it working but it was a stuborn card.
There were some other problems too, something like if I switched to console
and back to X it may cause the system to hang (v.strange).

Actually, cause this was a while back I may not have tried 3.3.6 which might
behave a little better.

Later,

Jason Nicholls
Jason Nicholls    icq: 11745841	   email: <jason at mindsocket.com.au>