[plug] S3 Trio3D AGP

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Wed Apr 26 13:52:03 WST 2000

Christian wrote:

<snip>

> The XFree86 FAQ lists a couple of modelines which it says will work --
> I've tried those and the ones you give above with the same result: a
> completely blank screen. :(  Thanks anyway...
>
> Regards,
>
> Christian.

I may not be much help, but we have computers running with S3 Trio Virge
cards, and the last computer that we got, I made a point of avoiding
using AGP components, as I understood that Linux had problems with AGP.
That was about a year ago, I think.

I understood that the later kernels were supposed to have overcome the
AGP problem.

It wouldn't be a problem due to any problems with AGP, would it?
--

Bret Busby