[plug] off-topic slightly

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Thu Apr 27 14:48:57 WST 2000

Matt Kemner wrote:

> The BP6 would have been your best bet on both counts - you don't need
> adapters, because the celerons plug straight into the board, and the board
> is pre-hacked to allow SMP.. However, last I heard the BP6 has been
> recalled, because of a problem with the last batch.. All the wholesalers I
> spoke to said there was a rumour of a new Abit Dual Celeron board in the
> pipeline.

D'OH!!! This would explain why the two hard-to-get BP6 MB's I got recently both
had problems...
*sigh*

Wonder what I should do:
  - Go with a Slotket solution
  - Wait for the new board
  - Return the CPU's too and settle for something boring (single Athlon
probably)

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :