[plug] Shameless plug <sigh> 60KVA UPS

Mike from West Australia erazmus at wantree.com.au
Fri Apr 28 02:22:54 WST 2000

At 12:22 AM 28/4/2000 +0800, you wrote:

>haha, I am tring to imagine moving that thing without a crane :-) The
>mini-tower sized UPS I use at work is 60Kilos. This monster must be at
>least 200-300 kilos given a rough, conservative estamate. It would
>probably fall through a wooden floor. It would also make one hell of a
>mess if you managed to drop it on your feet.

<hrrm> Thats why the battery cabinet is separate... Can also move on
rollers and the UPS is on castors as well :)

Actually the whole lot weighs less then my GF's waterbed and she's
on the 3rd floor of an apartment. The waterbed is about 1 tonne
when filled up - its one of those large american types ;)

Seriously, the cabinet and UPS weight less then a lift full of people,

Rgds ~`:o)

Mike Massen         Trading as "Network Power Systems" and "Network Computers"
Perth, Western Australia  Ph +61 8 9444 8961  Fx +618 9264 8229 (fax -> email)
Products/Personal/Client web area at http://www.wantree.com.au/~erazmus
 (Current pics - trip to Malaysia to install equipment in jungle power site)

Some say there is no magic but, all things begin with thought then it becomes
academic, then some poor slob works out a practical way to implement all that
theory, this is called Engineering - for most people another form of magic.