[plug] PLUGgers' cars

Mike from West Australia erazmus at wantree.com.au
Sun Apr 30 13:19:39 WST 2000

At 11:46 AM 30/4/2000 +0800, you wrote:
>Beau Kuiper wrote:
>> On Sun, 30 Apr 2000, Mike from West Australia wrote:
>>> I suppose
>>> linux users don't drive a charade - wonder what the stats/correlation
>>> is on the sorts of cars linux interested parties drive... ~`:
>
>I drive a dying brown Sigma station wagon (but would rather have an Oka
>or at least a solid old Tojo Land Cruiser with a roll-cage, tow-hitch
>and winch); Matt drives a baby but solid if somewhat heavily used 4WD;
>Tony drives a Beetle; Ian (at last recall) was driving a commode wagon;
>at least one other member is a two-wheeled temporary Australian; many
>members have no vehicle. Not much correlation happening here.

mmm Perhaps there's a correlation in udner capacity <hrrrm> ;)

Most people I know on hard technical fronts (?) tend to drive performance
cars like a TT zed, V8's or like me a turbo VL.

Incidentally, theres a user group where 486 m/b's are considered as
processors for customised fuel injection. ie Basic hardware is cheap,
either use MSDOS boot from flash card or write your own OS, use SCSI
for data loggint to dma driven drive etc etc Linux could possibly be OK but,
you'd have to wait for linux to boot before you turn the key ;)

WHats the record for linux boot times ?
er um - fastest I mean ;-)  (and configuration)

rgds

Mike