[plug] PHP

Kai vk6ksj at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 1 13:33:23 WST 2000

Sorry, I know this is off topic, but, I had to give my two cents worth.

<snip>
Trying to tie people in to you as the developer by witholding the source
code sounds somewhat questionable ethically to me.
<snip>

Exactly what Microsoft did (is still doing to other companies?) to Netscape
in order to get IE from about 20 ish %  of market share up to what it is
now - about 80%.
They never realesed some vital code that Netscape needed to finish Netscape
for use with Win95 - consequently NS didn't get put out for retail use until
months after Win95 (and of course IE) was put out for retail sale and
Netscape lost out big !

/Kai