[plug] Intellectual? Probably not.

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Thu Aug 3 22:16:01 WST 2000

Bret Busby wrote:
> Since you are passing yourself off as an authority on this,  I trust
> that you can cite the precedents.

Why on earth would you trust that? I don't need a physics degree to know
whether a car's being driven well, why should I need wig, chapter &
verse to describe a legal experience?

> Similarly, can you please cite the case law?

Why, of course! I've got a complete CCH in my back pocket. Doesn't
everyone carry one? d-:

A friend of mine used this law to subpoena a hard drive from an employer
who mis-treated him. This was back in the days of washing-machine-sized
DASD's. The employer quickly repented.

Alex may have the chapter and verse on file (he's good at that; sorry
about the wig). OTOH, he may not have time to get it out for you.

--
Other than that, Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?