[plug] Newbie : Install Question

Quintin Lette lette at it.net.au
Tue Aug 1 21:02:43 WST 2000

Just to let you know.... no intention to put you off, but since win2k has
its own boot loader (like Linux), a win2k/linux dual boot is not as simple
as a win98 dual boot.

There are how-to documents all over the net on how to do it, but if you
dont u'll have linux or win2k not both.  the ide devices you have will be
sufficient, but one further question *only relevant if u intend to use
lilo* what filesystem are u using on primary master (if fat32 no probs/ if
ntfs i suggest using ntloader)

Good luck and welcome to the world of Linux

btw: I also have a Windows 2000 / Linux dual boot system running fine.