[plug] Partition sizes on a new install

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Wed Aug 2 11:20:11 WST 2000

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, SweenyTod wrote:

> /var from what my newbie brain can tell seems to be a dumping ground for
> all sorts of stuff.  There are mail queues, log files which can get pretty

That'd be var for "variable".  System files that change during normal
running are there. Dont you think /etc/mtab  ought to be in /var ?

/etc used to be a dumping groud, before they cleared out everything except
the config files. Now its badly named. Where can I call for a vote to
rename /etc to /config ? Or should that be /cfg?

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--