[plug] Sound Card Problems

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Thu Aug 3 17:06:49 WST 2000

Chris Darby wrote:

> I have a Mitac Notebook system running Red Hat Linux 6.2 i have a Cirrus
> Logic CS4614 Crystal Sound Fusion Audio Chip which i would like to get
> working with linux, i have tried the ALSA drivers which sndconfig says
> supports this card but i still cannot get them to work....does anyone
> have any ideas of why,  all i want to do is play CD's in my drive, also
> where would i get information about DVD on linux
>
> Chris Darby
> Sem Tempo West

I dunno about the specific card, but to get the Creative Chip
in my Gateway Solo 2150 to work, I had to toggle one of the GPIO
Pins to turn on the audio amp.
I downloaded the specs on the es1371 which is a similar chip and
played with the registers until I got it to work.
Only had to re-compile the module about 80 times.
Maybe this is a problem for you.

--
Brad....
"The ultimate result is that some innovations that would