[plug] Word Processors and Spredsheets

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Thu Aug 3 22:06:36 WST 2000

Mike Hasleby wrote:
> Can anyone advise of any Word Processor and Spredsheets programs that
> will handle Word doc and Excel files.  I've tried StarOffice 5.2 but
> found it too slow and memory hungary - cause a few hangs of Xserver

Need 64M, prefer 96M (!) - looking forward to SO-lite within weeks of
them Open Sourcing it (in two months).

Gnumeric does pretty well on Excel sheets, and if you don't have to sell
it to a "serious" (== humour-impaired) businessman, Pathetic Writer
(part of SIAG Office) does a reasonable job of importing Word.

--
Viruses are nature's answer to unfit organisms. Windows users take note.