[plug] Ok, the next question...

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Fri Aug 4 10:48:20 WST 2000

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, John Breen wrote:

> Can I configure sendmail to let me do this?  My reply-to will be set
> up correctly on the windows client, so all I want is to send mail to
> the Linux box (use it as my SMTP host), and have Sendmail queue the
> mail for later delivery.

Yup just run sendmail, <duck>or other MTA</duck>, on the linux box  if you're
on the net the mail will go when it is sent otherwise it will be spooled.

You can add sendmail -q to /etc/ppp/ip-up  then when the linux box get online
it will despool the mail.

You may look at setting the Smart host in /etc/sendmail.cf, so that the mail
goes to your ISP's mail server.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein