[plug] Bogus Sound Card Problems

bburns at erggroup.com bburns at erggroup.com
Fri Aug 4 12:16:41 WST 2000

G'day Pluggers,

First a question:  What is a Bogomip - specifically, how is it calculated and
what is it meant to represent?  It seemed to jump a whole heap (5 times) after
installing a later kernel on the same machine.  Is it Bogus?

es1371 problems:  Got mine working last night..  First of all, I upgraded my
Kernel 2.2.14-15 to 2.2.15-4.  Secondly, I used the sox program "rec" to record,
and I had to play with the mixer using aumixer.  Up the Record and OGain levels
- and set the record line to microphone, line or volume - depending on what you
want.  So the problem, may have been the mixer, or the module version  You may
have other problems too ;)

That'll do for now,
Cheers,
Ben