[plug] 2.4.0 kernel release, sort of

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Sat Aug 5 21:27:13 WST 2000

I note with some amusement that Mandrake's "cooker" directory now
contains a set of RPMs with the base name "hackkernel-2.4.0-0.11".

They've also got around to handling "pre" kernel releases: the
"standard" kernel is now base-named "kernel-2.2.17-0.16".

There also ProFTPd in there at last, although they haven't (yet) axed
wu-ftpd. They seem to have gone mad with applications: links, haskell -
with GTK bindings, the Java VNC client, sash, more bindings for Ruby,
two versions of PHP, Pingus... I'm surprised they haven't added in the
optional card decks for PySol. Yay! Gimp 1.1! They're still on the 6.5
series of PostGreSQL though.

--
Other than that, Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?