[plug] Telstra's ADSL pricing is available

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Mon Aug 7 15:55:21 WST 2000

Well, after reading over the basics, I decided to go through the
"Acceptable Use Policy"... and, ladies and gentlemen, my official
word is "it sucks".

( Check it out at: http://www.telstra.com.au/adsl/docs/policy.pdf )

For volume-based accounts, there aren't any real problems... but
for unlimited accounts, you are not only not allowed to run servers
(ftp, chat, etc -- expected, but annoying), but you are also *not*
allowed to connect a local LAN to your ADSL modem.  You have to pay
them extra to get additional users, and you can only have a maximum
of three users for the unlimited plans.

Let's just hope the other ISPs do a better job of this...