[plug] Telstra's ADSL pricing is available

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Mon Aug 7 16:40:43 WST 2000

On Mon, Aug 07, 2000 at 04:16:27PM +0800, Steve Baker wrote:
> Do they define 'LAN'?  What if I only attach a single computer to the ADSL
> modem, but that single computer happens to have a masq'd LAN attached to
> _it_?  They wouldn't even know.  I've set up a number of these in small
> offices, as have others on this list.

They actually specify that you "...must not connect another network,
such as a local area network, to the Service or allow multiple users
of the Service.  You may connect only one computer to the Service
at any one time..."

If you want more users, you have to have to pay $11 per month for
the privilege.  Once again, only two additional users for the
unlimited plans. Volume-based plans allow up to an additional
seven, but the limits are way too low.

Oh yes, don't forget that there are *no* unlimited business plans,
and for unlimited plans: "You must not use the Service for
predominantly business of commericial purposes." (The terms are
very open ended like that in many places.)