[plug] Linux developement - a summary

David Griffiths griffith at environ.wa.gov.au
Tue Aug 8 10:44:50 WST 2000

> glade, Kdevelop and other GUI tools are one place to start. There are
>> many good links from the gnome and KDE websites. If it's 3D you're
>> after, try mesa3d.org.
>
>Kdevelop I have installed, but I've never heard of glade.  I'll have an optic
>later on.
>
>I have to say I'm very impressed by the scope of the libraries available.
>The compilers and IDE's available aren't as polished as they are on Windows,
>I think, but they do exist and are quite functional.  It's quite exciting to
>start something new!

Borland/Corel are said (promised this year) to be releasing a product
called Kylix - core features being native code linux compiler, Kylix Visual
Component Library and a Delphi like IDE. Object Pascal and C++ will be
supported - likewise MySQL and Interbase. (source - Personal Computer World
July 2000).

cheers,

Dave.

  David Griffiths                             griffith at environ.wa.gov.au

  Air Quality Management Branch
  Department of Environmental Protection          Phone:   61 8 9222 7151

  Westralia Square                                Fax  :   61 8 9321 5184
  141 St Georges Tce
  Perth 6000
  Western Australia