[plug] Apache help

Gavin Rogers grogers at greenwood.wa.edu.au
Tue Aug 8 13:47:40 WST 2000

Hello.

We are running apache and we have a lot of pages generated by students which
have spaces in the URL (like /My Directory/picture.jpg) which don't work in
Netscape. Netscape seems to assume URLs have no spaces in them, and it will try
and fetch '/My'.

Is there any way to get apache to redirect incoming requests with a URL with
whitespace in it to a URL with a %20 where the space was, which makes Netscape
fetch and display the correct page. (Like squid's URI_WHITESPACE option if
anyone is familiar with that)

If it can't be done in apache, then each page will have to be changed... and
there's lots of them :-)

Thanks for any help.

Gavin Rogers