[plug] Help: Slow e-mail after DNS move

Earnshaw, Mike earnshawm at wa.switch.aust.com
Tue Aug 8 11:28:34 WST 2000

Resolved:

The problem appeared to be Exchange not DNS. On the IMS settings the
connections was set to use DNS rather than our email relay which is on
1.100. When I set the IMS connections back to "host--> 1.100" the mail
queue disappeared and was processed correctly.

Darn thing is [hand on heart] I *did not* change the IMS entry, merely
tried to relocate DNS from 1.100 to 1.6. 1.100 is due for retirement.

Thanks all.

Mike