[plug] modules

Rob Dunne robd at anville.wa.cmis.csiro.au
Tue Aug 8 23:41:08 WST 2000

Thanks Anthony,
               I have tried what you suggested  -- but unfortunately
it did not do the trick.

Is it of any importance that these are ide devices that were
somehow set up as emulated scsi devices to make xcdroast happy?
Or is this just confusing the issue?

			      bye
					rob

lycra> tail -1 conf.modules
alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx
lycra> /sbin/depmod -a
lycra> mount /mnt/cdrom
mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/cdrom as a block device
       (maybe `insmod driver'?)
lycra> mount /mnt/cdrom2
mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/sr1 as a block device
       (maybe `insmod driver'?)
lycra> cd /lib/modules/2.2.5-22/cdrom
lycra>/sbin/insmod  cm206.o
cm206.o: init_module: Device or resource busy
lycra> ls -l /dev/cdrom
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root            3 Apr 28  1999 /dev/cdrom -> sr0
lycra> ls -l /dev/sr1
brw-r-----   1 root     root      11,   1 Apr 27  1999 /dev/sr1

--
 Rob Dunne         Fax: +61 8 9333 6121     Tel: +61 8 9333 6178
 CSIRO Mathematical and Information Sciences
 http://matilda.vu.edu.au/~dunne  Email: Robert.Dunne at cmis.csiro.au

        Java has certainly revolutionized marketing and litigation.