[plug] Reply-to headers

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Tue Aug 8 17:08:35 WST 2000

On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, Brian Tombleson wrote:

> (surprise! :), I'm actually wondering why mails from Jon (and a couple of
> other people) don't have thier originating address as the list, but their
> own e-mail address in the 'Reply-To' header ?  I would've thought that even
> if his mail client forced the 'Reply-To', it would be stripped through the
> list (?)

The mailing list server will not overwrite an existing Reply-to: header
(unlike some other mailing list server, such as Majordomo)

If enough people complain about it I can change that, though if I had it
my way the list server wouldn't touch Reply-to: at all.

See http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html for some of the reasons
why I think that's a bad idea.

 - Matt