[plug] Kppp

Chris Norwood c.norwood at ecu.edu.au
Wed Aug 9 09:27:28 WST 2000

Hi,

I have just installed RedHat 6.2 onto a duel boot Windows98 system.  Yesterday I finally worked out how to set my modem up in KDE while logged as root.  It works fine.  However I am unable to get kppp to run as a normal user.  When I try to run Kppp I receive a dialog box asking for Root's password.  Entering the password does nothing.

I have disabled the lock in

/etc/ppp/options
#lock

The other thing I have looked at is the kppp.allow file, which doesn't exist.
Do I need to make this file manually and insert my username?
Or do I just need to make another account on Kppp for my user account while logged on as root?

Any simple instructions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am very green :-).

Chris Norwood