[plug] Kppp

Darrell Horrocks darrellh at kpbg.wa.gov.au
Wed Aug 9 10:43:44 WST 2000

Chris

Yup, seems to be a setting with regard to spawning a new process in
x-windows.  Haven't had time to figure it out myself though... (yes, it
happens on my RH6.2 system as well).

The way around it (and this seems silly) is to open up a terminal
window.  su to root, and then kppp & to bring up the kppp window.  All
is easy from this end.

If anyone else (RH gurus) can shed any light on this, I would be much
appreciated.

Regards

Darrell