[plug] Reply-to headers

Colin Muller colin at durbanet.co.za
Wed Aug 9 16:09:24 WST 2000

Mike Holland wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Garth Atkinson wrote:
> > you can, but the way it is now, every single user of this list has
> > to modify the recip list to get the reply back into PLUG and that
> > sucks big time!
> Garth, I think there is something wrong with your mail reader.
> I dont need to do that. I see you use Netscape mail. Anyone else?

I'm using Netscape, and I don't have the problem Garth has. Occasionally
a reply defaults to the author rather than the list, but normally to the
list.

Since I'm now in this thread, I vote for no munging at all. It's surely
preferable for a message intended for the list to go by mistake to an
individual, than it is for a message intended as private to end up on
the list. The latter happens all too easily when you munge headers, and
while the former is fixable after the fact, the latter is not.

Colin