[plug] Reply-to headers]

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Wed Aug 9 17:43:24 WST 2000

Brian Tombleson wrote:

> Well, based on that little experiment ..
>
> :: without my mail client explicitly defining a Reply-To address
>
> :: with my cleint explicitly defining a Reply-to address
> <399111B4.427882EF at durbanet.co.za
>
> Order is not important although the top example line occured after the From:
> and subject sections while the bottom one was before, but it seems the list
> appends a Reply-To address if it doesn't have one already.
>
> Perhaps this is what needs to be changed - so the list explicitly does or
> does not add the replt-to, instead of adding it when it's not there ?
>
> .. and I just received Matt's post which says the same thing.

Ah, yes, but, I think it may depend on both the email application, and,
on the View->Headers setting.

As I showed in a previous posting, with Netscape 4.7, with the setting
View->Headers->Normal, with the Reply To set by Brian's email
application, no Reply To address was displayed. Viewing the full header,
displayed the Reply To address, but, it seems a bit heavy handed, to
have to view the full headers on all emails. It makes reading emails a
bit more time-consuming, and heavy-going, when getting around 50-100
emails a day.

--

Bret Busby